Monday, October 22, 2007

Greenhouse #2 revised

I've done quite a bit of research on better materials to use and decided that I really like Solexx. The only problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to create the roof and have it still be portable. I could screw it to some trusses but then trying to put it back together would be a nightmare. I would like to at least cover the sides with Solexx because they could still be portable.

While roaming Home Depot again the other day I found some construction plastic that was 20' wide. This would work a lot better than the 10' wide stuff I used last spring. It wasn't that expensive so I figured I would give it another try and see if it makes it through the winter. This time I made sure to leave the plastic about 8' long on each end. It turned out really nice because I was able to stretch the plastic all the way from underneath the front wall over the top and way down the back wall. The ends even turned out really nice.

It is a little later than I wanted to cover this but I think I can still get another month out of the tomato plants in their and maybe even a crop of lettuce.

No comments: