Tuesday, October 30, 2007

60w Greenhouse Heater

After doing a little bit of research on my electric bill I determined that it will cost me about $0.02 per day to heat my greenhouse with a $60 bulb running twenty-four hours a day. This seems reasonable. I know that it will not provide very much heat but I'm just looking at extending the season not trying to make it all the way through winter.

Here are the results from each 24hr period.




















DateOutsideInsideDifference
October 27:
October 28:
October 29:


Conclusion:
It appears that the light was able to produce enough heat to keep the temperature from dropping all of the way in the evening but it didn't appear to make that much difference during the day. Also the days have been warmer so it is also harder to tell the difference. The 28th was warmer overall but it wasn't as sunny as you can tell by the lack of difference in temperature during the late afternoon.

I need to get some more tests because there are still to many variables involved. Such as the tiny hole that needs patched, sealing the door, etc.... So until I can get those items taken care of I will continue to record the information and share it.

No comments: